Monday February 2, 2015 – Friday February 6, 2015
Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners provide specialized health and forensic care to adult, adolescent, and pediatric patients who have experienced sexual violence. Course will allow you to practice in the role of a SANE Nurse and fulfill requirements to sit for SANE-A and SANE-P certification exams through the International Association of Forensic Nursing.(IAFN). This course will provide a total of 64 hours of instruction… Click Here to Register
This 5-day (40 hrs) program is designed for registered nurses and nurse practitioners interested in practicing in the role of SANE. The 5 day training will provide 40 hours of direct instruction and hands on practice. Required preparation work for class (24 hrs) is located on the Agenda page. Articles needed for the 24 hr pre work is located under Documents. The Pre Test is part of the registration process. You are required to complete the pre test as part of the registration.
Participants who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate of completion and continuing education credit.
- Describe the role and the scope of the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner; Pediatrics / Adolescent /Adult
- Demonstrate correct swabbing techniques using the DOD evidence collection kit
- State the definitions of injuries such as lacerations, abrasion, bruises etc.
- Identify and label adult, adolescent and prepubescent oral/ano-genital anatomy
- List 2-3 milestones that are specific to growth and development for the prepubescent child.
- Document examples of open ended questions used in interviewing children/adolescents/adults.
- State the roles and scope of work of the Jag/District Attorney and Law Enforcement in the multidisciplinary team in dealing with adult/child sexual assault.
- Discuss differences in the multidisciplinary roles relating to adult vs. child sexual abuse (CSA).
Guest speakers include representatives from:
· National District Attorney Association
· Child Protective Services
· Law Enforcement
· Northeast Regional CAC
LOCATION AND LODGING INFORMATION
The training will be held Monday February 2- Friday February 6th, 2015 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania at the Eden Resort and Suites 222 Eden Road, Lancaster, PA 17601. A block of rooms has been reserved at the Eden Resort until Friday January 2, 2015 and is available at a special discounted rate ($95+tax) at the Eden Resort and Suites. Please use Group Code: 1059950 when making lodging reservations. After January 2, 2015, the rooms will be at cost determined by the hotel. You are responsible for making your own reservation for lodging.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided for all attendees and are included in the cost.